14 comments

Dora the explorer cup, is a very dangerous cup.Children should not be allowed to use it. My grand daughter ask for one, we got her one, they are the one with the liquid in the bottom of the cup,we warm paula some chocolate milk in the cup in the microeave ,warm not boil,she was about to take a sip all of a sudden the cup explored,she was taken to the hospital,mygrand daughter received 2nd 3rd degree burn all over her arm and stomach, this have been several months and the scars are still there. We can't find the maker of the cup,we have even called foreign country ,but to no avail,this is a degerous piece of trash and should be off the market.

Had an Experience with Dora The Explorer?

Write a review

Comments

Terms of Service
Post Comment
Cancel
First Born Triplet
Markham, Ontario, Canada #816677

Sorry your granddaughter got hurt but if the cup said do not put in microwave and you did it is you who cause the cup to be dangerous.

Anonymous
Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #189346

The cup is pertty safe for children so they should be allowed to use it. The true thing you should have wrote is "morons should not be allowed to supervise children"

Anonymous
#149293

Bahahahahha, what a dumb ***. She put a liquid-filled cup in the microwave and it blew-up all over that runt. Go back to your broken-down country ya filthy cow!

Anonymous
Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #149289

When adults don't follow instructions and an innocent child gets hurt, what is more shameful is the adult is blaming others, calling the cup a dangerous piece of trash when it is them that is dangerous. Safety people.

Anonymous
Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #149123

Don't even try this "experiment" Richard.The girl got badly burned and had to be hospitalized.

They say do not put in microwave for a reason. When the milk most likely was cold when she put it in the cup, then she warmed it in the microwave and it started to boil. The change from cold to hot, and the fact that this cup should not have been put in the microwave in the first place caused it to explode. The cup likely exploded 15 seconds after it was taken out of the microwave, however there is no set time when the cup would have exploded.

It could explode in your face right after you take the cup out of the microwave, or a few minutes after.

Not worth the risk to see "something cool" Best to donate it to a younger child than try any dangerous "experiences" on it.I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but as a parent I would not like if this happened to my four or ten year old sons, and I don't want to hear about another child getting hurt from doing something dangerous.

Anonymous
Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #149116

How do you make one of those cups explode.I had a Diego one when I was younger, and now I am eleven and too old for Diego and want to know how to explode one.

I mean I won't try to drink from it.I will just put it on the counter and watch it explode from far away.

Anonymous
Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #149112

It was obviously boiling hot. The person who is watching the child is an ***. If the glass said "*** proof" on the lable the grandmother can sue if it is not "*** proof" however since it is not *** proof, nor are they claming that it is "*** proof" grandmother has no case.

Anonymous
#149013

If the liquid was not boiling or too hot how did she get such bad burns? Poor chlid should not have to deal with an ignorant care giver.

Anonymous
Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #148811

I agree the cup is only dangerous if misused, and the cup was not supposed to be put in the microwave, it was put in the microwave so therefore it was misused. Not the companie's fault, but the person's fault for misusing the cup. If you had used it the proper way your daughter would not have received second and third degree burns, nor would she still have scars.

Anonymous
Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #148808

Wow I just feel sorry for the child who had to suffer because her caregiver did not check if the cup was safe to microwave before she put the cup in the microwave. The cup is only dangerous if one puts it in the microwave when it is not supposed to be put in the microwave.

You May Also Like

Zerowater - Filter is a piece of garbage. Zerowater "Bought the pitcher, filter, and meter combo a few years ago, and we've loved it up until we purchased the latest pack of filters a couple months ago. A month..." Read more Green Smoke Affiliate Account Cancelled Green Smoke "I have been selling GreenSmoke e-cigs as an affiliate for approximately 3 years. Toward the end of December, I was contacted by GreenSmoke saying my affiliate account was to be..." Read more Zerowater - STRESSED to the LIMIT Zerowater "My experience is stressful with this product,.I have to either travel 2 hrs to Walmart to buy filters...or order online,.The eBay prices are off the wall,.for shipping,.Amazon prices for filters..." Read more V2 Cigarette - V2 Pro Series 3 half baked, leaky carts, deceitful customer service V2 Cigarette "I purchased a couple v2 Pro Series 3, wax cart, loose leaf cart and several e liquid carts. Not one of these items works properly or as advertised. Customer service..." Read more Usave Car And Truck Rental - Extra charges after devastation in Puerto Rico... Usave Car And Truck Rental "Hi. My name is Wanda Bonilla and I live in Florida since 2014, but all my family is in PR. Due to the devastating havoc caused to the island by..." Read more Desertcart - Over a month, missing delivery, No refund, No support Desertcart "Ordered a bunch of stuff, ONE ITEM WAS NOT SHIPPED out from their US consolidation center, rest were delivered in two separate deliveries. Support has only emailed stating that they..." Read more CarMax, not a reputable Used Car experience Carmax "Carmax is a J.O.K.E. ! Went in Thursday to get an appraisal on my sons car, came back as an ok offer. His grandfather said go ahead and look on..." Read more Universal Autograph Collectors Club - How not to treat your customers Universal Autograph Collectors Club "Ive been collecting Autographs for some years now 3 months ago my partner paid for a membership to the UACC it was paid through PayPal just over a month later..." Read more