Dora the explorer cup, is a very dangerous cup.Children should not be allowed to use it. My grand daughter ask for one, we got her one, they are the one with the liquid in the bottom of the cup,we warm paula some chocolate milk in the cup in the microeave ,warm not boil,she was about to take a sip all of a sudden the cup explored,she was taken to the hospital,mygrand daughter received 2nd 3rd degree burn all over her arm and stomach, this have been several months and the scars are still there. We can't find the maker of the cup,we have even called foreign country ,but to no avail,this is a degerous piece of trash and should be off the market.

Had an Experience with Dora The Explorer?

Comments

First Born Triplet
Markham, Ontario, Canada #816677

Sorry your granddaughter got hurt but if the cup said do not put in microwave and you did it is you who cause the cup to be dangerous.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #189346

The cup is pertty safe for children so they should be allowed to use it. The true thing you should have wrote is "morons should not be allowed to supervise children"

Bahahahahha, what a dumb ***. She put a liquid-filled cup in the microwave and it blew-up all over that runt. Go back to your broken-down country ya filthy cow!

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #149289

When adults don't follow instructions and an innocent child gets hurt, what is more shameful is the adult is blaming others, calling the cup a dangerous piece of trash when it is them that is dangerous. Safety people.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #149123

Don't even try this "experiment" Richard.The girl got badly burned and had to be hospitalized.

They say do not put in microwave for a reason. When the milk most likely was cold when she put it in the cup, then she warmed it in the microwave and it started to boil. The change from cold to hot, and the fact that this cup should not have been put in the microwave in the first place caused it to explode. The cup likely exploded 15 seconds after it was taken out of the microwave, however there is no set time when the cup would have exploded.

It could explode in your face right after you take the cup out of the microwave, or a few minutes after.

Not worth the risk to see "something cool" Best to donate it to a younger child than try any dangerous "experiences" on it.I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but as a parent I would not like if this happened to my four or ten year old sons, and I don't want to hear about another child getting hurt from doing something dangerous.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #149116

How do you make one of those cups explode.I had a Diego one when I was younger, and now I am eleven and too old for Diego and want to know how to explode one.

I mean I won't try to drink from it.I will just put it on the counter and watch it explode from far away.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #149112

It was obviously boiling hot. The person who is watching the child is an ***. If the glass said "*** proof" on the lable the grandmother can sue if it is not "*** proof" however since it is not *** proof, nor are they claming that it is "*** proof" grandmother has no case.

If the liquid was not boiling or too hot how did she get such bad burns? Poor chlid should not have to deal with an ignorant care giver.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #148811

I agree the cup is only dangerous if misused, and the cup was not supposed to be put in the microwave, it was put in the microwave so therefore it was misused. Not the companie's fault, but the person's fault for misusing the cup. If you had used it the proper way your daughter would not have received second and third degree burns, nor would she still have scars.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #148808

Wow I just feel sorry for the child who had to suffer because her caregiver did not check if the cup was safe to microwave before she put the cup in the microwave. The cup is only dangerous if one puts it in the microwave when it is not supposed to be put in the microwave.